- Government Offices
- Social Services
- General Assistance Program
General Assistance Programs
General Assistance Program Application
Dental Assistance Program Application
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
400 Oak Street Ste 202, Abilene, TX 79602
Phone: (325) 674-1341
Fax: (325) 738-8531
Director: Dianna Atkinson
Consultant: Roseann Seelke
General Assistance Program Areas
The following areas are included in this program:
- Acute Prescription Assistance - Provides assistance for eligible individuals of not more than three prescriptions per service with total amounts not to exceed $300.00 for acute care medications (Not to include paying for anti-depressant or psych medications). Eligibility criteria will be assessed and must be met prior to assistance being provided.
- Adult Vision Care - Provides assistance with one vision exam and one pair of glasses every 24 months. We look at 65% or below the federal poverty level along with other eligibility criteria including: household composition, resources and residency in Taylor County. Individuals receiving Medicaid are ineligible. Eligible individuals must utilize approved providers.
- Prescription Assistance Program - Provides assistance and case management for residents of Taylor County related to applying for prescription assistance programs through major pharmaceutical companies. Eligibility criteria and final approval for assistance is determined by each pharmaceutical company. Individuals with traditional Medicaid, MQMB, LIS, or private prescription insurance need not apply.
Dental Assistance Program
- Dental Assistance Program - Effective June 1, 2022: Through a partnership with the Christian Service Center and the Abilene-Taylor County Public Health District, this program assists applicants who are currently experiencing acute dental pain. This service allows for one tooth to be extracted or filled by a participating dentist with the applicant paying a $20 copay to the Christian Service Center. Applicants are only eligible for one tooth extraction or filling every 12 months. The applicant must be a resident of Taylor County, at 250% or less of the Federal Poverty Level, must not be experiencing long-term chronic dental pain, and must not currently have dental insurance. Taylor County processes each application for eligibility and then forwards the application to the Abilene-Taylor County Public Health District and the Christian Service Center for follow-up dental screening and scheduling.