How Do I File?

To file a theft by check or Issuance of Bad Check complaint, you must:

1. Send the statutory notice to the check writer if the check was dishonored by the bank as NSF. If the check was returned Account Closed, the law does not require sending the statutory notice.

2. Fill out the appropriate complaint form and related documents, and,
3. Submit the complaint form, along with documentary evidence in the form of copies of the notice you sent, postal documents showing the notice was sent, and any invoices, receipts or register tapes showing what was stolen. 

The Guidelines, necessary forms and how to pay checks online are available below.