What if we don't want to wait 72 hours before we get married?
You can get the 72 hour waiting period waived by a judge's order. If you've obtained an order from a judge to waive the waiting period, please bring the order with you.

If you are active military or work for the U.S. Department of Defense, the waiting period is automatically waived. You must provide us proof of your active military status or employment with the U.S. Department of Defense when applying for your marriage license.

Show All Answers

1. I'm under 18, can I apply for a marriage license?
2. We lost our marriage license before we got married. Can we get another one?
3. How much does a marriage license cost?
4. How do I get a copy of a marriage license?
5. What if we both can’t come in together to get the marriage license?
6. What if one of the applicants can’t attend the ceremony itself?
7. Who can perform our ceremony?
8. What if we want to get married, but 30 days haven't passed since my divorce was final?
9. What if we don't want to wait 72 hours before we get married?
10. How do we obtain a Informal Marriage Certificate?
11. Why don't you have the marriage record I'm looking for? They were married in Taylor County.