VOLUNTEER DEPUTY REGISTRARS
Helping Taylor County Citizens Register to Vote
Volunteer Deputy Registrars (VDRs) are entrusted with the responsibility of officially registering voters in Taylor County. They are appointed by county voter registrars and charged with helping increase voter registration in their county. Acceptance of the duties of volunteer deputy registrar places you in a position of trust and responsibility to the citizens you will register to vote.
- Are appointed by each county’s voter registrar;
- Distribute, assist in completion & review of voter registration applications;
- Accept completed voter registration application and provide receipts;
- Turn in completed applications in person to their county voter registrar office within 5 calendar days;
- VDRs serve for two-year terms expiring on December 31 of even-numbered years.
You may become a deputy registrar by attending any of our in person training classes. Upon completion of the training class, you will be issued a certificate of appointment and all necessary supplies needed to register citizens.
To view the schedule for VDR training sessions for 2023 click here.